Do City workers have access to a defined contribution plan or any other types of retirement savings plans?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of NYCTaxpayer


  • 303 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • happy

Posted 9 years ago

  • 1
Photo of FAQ Guru

FAQ Guru, Official Rep

  • 447 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Official Response
The City offers a variety of deferred compensation plans with a variety of investment choices that are defined contribution plans. Subject to limitations, employees can contribute a portion of their annual income to these plans. Generally, the investment income of these plans accumulate tax free but income taxes are payable when funds are withdrawn. See for more info.
Members of TRS and BERS also can participate in 403(b) plans (Tax-Deferred Annuity Programs) that are administered by those systems.